Thursday, April 05, 2007

Football Scheduling

The alumni blog has reported on some football scheduling challenges:

"'But the Mountaineers’ success also has worked against them in their scheduling. (associate athletics director Jay) Sutton said he nearly had a deal with a team from the I-A Mid-American Conference. But the school, which had agreed to pay Appalachian $300,000, backed out, not wanting to risk losing to a I-AA team.
“I cut the price to $200,000,” Sutton said. “They said no. I said I’d cut it more. But they finally said, `Look, you don’t get it. We don’t want to play you guys. Why would we?’ ”

I thought it would be fun to guess who it could be. Man, it's hard being champions.

Is it:

Akron
Ball State
Bowling Green
Buffalo
Central Michigan
Eastern Michigan
Kent State
Miami(OH)
Northern Illinois
Ohio
Toledo
Western Michigan

We can only wonder. We have really tried to put ourselves in a position to dominate the state of Michigan or so it seems.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellente reporting Z..I think it has to be those Akron folk. Slimey cowards.

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home